Details for Deusto Business School- Facultad de Ciencias Ecomicas y Empresariales
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain
Sign up Date To PRME
24 Jul 2010
Last Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
08 Jun 2012
Sharing Information on Progress (2012)
This report is an important tool in our vision of PRME as a framework for a gradual process of systemic organizational change. We report not only on what we have achieved, but also on the processes behind the achievements and the resources used.Moreover, the Deusto SIP report has helped us to clarify the challenges we face in the years to come and, especially, with regard to the specific objectives we want to achieve in the next academic year
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Sustainability is becoming, through the redesign of all the existing programs and the design of new programs, a main transversal dimension of all the educational offer of Deusto Business School, for undergraduate studies, Masters in Management, Executive Masters, MBAs, Senior and Top Management Programs and Customized Programs.
- This transversality will affect all disciplines involving vision (Economic Environment, International Business and Strategy), conceptual and technical tools (accounting, finances, human resources management, operations, entrepreneurship and marketing) and skills (negotiation, communication and leadership).
- This transversality does not preclude the design of new modules on Climate Change, Critical Thinking and on CSR implementation at the company level.
- We are designing new top management programs dealing specifically with sustainability and corporate social and environmental responsibility.
- The leadership of Deusto Business School has decided to set up a multistakeholder Committee with administrators, faculty and students) of a multidisciplinary nature in order to lead the process of change of all our programs to embed sustainability as a core dimension.
-We are re designing all our programs in order to include experiential and service learning as part of our educational framework.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Deusto has already three research groups whose primary focuss is corporate social responsibility.
- We intend to coordinate and/or participate in European research in the area of sustainability and csr.
- We intend to have research on sustainability and case studies on sustainability from all the relevant departments in Deusto Business School
- We intend to put our facilities at the disposal of companies participating in the United Nations Global Compact.
- Deusto Business School will chair a Committee within the International Association of Jesuit Business School on PRME.