Details for Benedictine University College of Business
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
Lisle, IL, United States
Sign Up Date to PRME
05 May 2010
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
16 Mar 2016
Sharing Information on Progress (2015)
Period Covered: Jan 2012 to Jan 2012
PRME Principles at Benedictine University significantly expanded since 2013: 16 new undergraduate courses in sustainability, 5 business courses with CSR and ethics, 9 graduate courses and capstone with top 15% global rankings on CSR, and over 50 graduate and doctoral papers, presentations and dissertations. Future plans include integration of PRME principles in all business majors and degree program learning outcomes and College of Business Advisory Board for assessment and capacity development.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• In curricular integration, program design and course development, we have developed several courses and certificate programs, at both the undergraduate and graduate level, in sustainability and businesses going green.
• Our business ethics courses and modules discuss Corporate Social Responsibility as part of the wider ethics training the students receive.
• We are developing a workshop for this summer to assist our full-time and adjunct faculty in identifying ways in which each can both share with and learn from effective practices at other academic institutions.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• Our Organizational Development Ph.D. program has deep and significant contacts with companies, and we intend to continue to leverage these contacts in academic research in corporate responsibility and sustainability.
• Many of our full-time and adjunct faculty have significant contact within local and global corporations, and will continue to leverage these contacts in academic research in corporate responsibility and sustainability.
• We have launched the Center for Values-Driven Leadership, which offers a Ph.D. program, a range of executive education, and a research agenda focused on the business case for being a values-driven company, what a values-driven company looks like, and how do companies get there (and stay there).