Details for University of Victoria Gustavson School of Business
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Sign up Date To PRME
15 Jan 2009
Last Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
09 Mar 2012
Sharing Information on Progress (2011)
The 2011 PRMB report from the Gustavson School of Business reports on the activities undertaken in the past 12 months relating to education, operations, research and governance from a sustainability and CSR perspective. Details on how we achieve our commitment and concrete examples of what we are doing to make sustainability and increasing part of our culture at Gustavson are included. This public accounting of where we are today will drive us forward to achieve even more to report for 2012.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- In June of 2009 the faculty officially announced that "Sustainability and Social Responsibility" is a strategic pillar guiding our way forward. This sits along three other strategic pillars: innovative, integrative, international
- In February of 2009, 14 divisions across the business faculty committed to a total of 112 initiatives that involve the incorporation of sustainability or CSR into programs, specializations, projects, and courses.
- In March of 2010 we have followed up on these commitment areas and made the necessary adjustments, additions, or notes of completion
- In 2009 we established a steering committee responsible for facilitating the integration of this new strategic pillar (described above). Three subcommittees of education, research and operations make up this steering committee, each responsible for their own priorities and initiatives.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- We are in the process of establishing a Research Centre (name yet to be decided) that will make up the broader umbrella of our new Sustainability/ Social Responsibility pillar. This centre will act as a hub for knowledge development in the Victoria and broader British Columbia communities.
- Through this centre, our objective is to build a concentrated pool of faculty doing research in this area while bringing in research speakers, hosting research colloquia, and staging research conferences on the subject of sustainability.
- Currently, we include topics of sustainability and social responsibility as a criterion when deciding the allocation of internal grant funding for research projects. We also consider this topic when inviting scholars to our school for research seminars.