Details for Universidad del Valle de Mexico S.C.
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Executive
Institution is part of
Laureate International Universities
Mexico D.F., Mexico D.F., Mexico
Sign Up Date to PRME
28 Aug 2009
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
11 May 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2015)
Period Covered: Jan 2015 to Dec 2016
The 37 campus of Universidad del Valle de Mexico host diverse activities that point to the enhancement and development of the principles. We are mentioning some of them in our effort to move forward in the achievement for more responsible managers in the future.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• Since 1999 the Universidad del Valle de Mexico created the Institutional Center for Values (Centro Institucional de Valores – CIV). This administrative and academic area has influence in each of the 35 campuses. Its mission is to promote comprehensive and humanistic education, and the development of values in all its stakeholders. Its work has benefited over 300.000 people, among students, parents, employees and outside community members.
• Ethics and values is a mandatory subject for all our High-School students. Human Development and Social Responsibility is a mandatory subject for all our graduate students.
• During the subject of Social Responsibility, every student performs a project for a chosen NGO.
• Social Service is a key element in the students’ educational program. The University makes a special effort to guarantee that this time is well spent and provides real benefit to the student and the community.
• Students in the areas of Pedagogy and Psychology do professional practices in the CEDH, which are 5 in-campus institutes for the education of children with intellectual impairments.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• Research on “The Values of the Scouts of Mexico, 100 Years after its Foundation” for the Scouts of Mexico. This work was published in 2006.
• Research on “Values for Preschoolers’ Education” for the YMCA, published in 2007.
• Research “Social Responsibility as a Subject at the Universidad del Valle de México”, 2008.
• Since 2005, the Universidad del Valle de Mexico has been in the Organization Committee of the Annual Congress of Research for the Third Sector in Mexico, along with other 17 universities and the Mexican Center for Philanthropy (CEMEFI).