Details for Barcelona School of Management
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Post Graduate, Executive
Institution is part of
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Sign Up Date to PRME
20 Jun 2008
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
10 Apr 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2016)
Period Covered: Jan 2014 to Jan 2016
During these last two academic years, UPF-Barcelona School of Management (BSM) has consolidated its local and international presence, demonstrating that it is not only an innovative business school, but also incorporates, as part of its DNA, the Social Responsibility. This allows students to be able to conduct an evidence-based management, an ethical decision-making and the social innovation.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- we have agreed with our President and rector of Pompeu Fabra University the commitment to PRME.
- we have agreed with the academic directors of the main programmes the commitment to PRME.
- we have already incorporated into our academic activities and curricula of our core programmes the values of global social responsibility
- we have done a call for action to all academic directors.
- we expect to adapt all business programmes according to PRME
- we will develop seminars addressed to alumni community and executive education programmes related to PRME.
- we will communicate our commitment to PRME to our stakeholders through different communication channels: web, internal communications
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- we link the research activities of Department of Economics and Business of Pompeu Fabra University to our activities and curriculum.
- we are in the design phase of a program focused in business ethics
- we will support research activities around this program, creating a community of businesses, professionals, students, professors around the world committed to business ethics and identifying key players.
- we will involve key companies in PRME activities (seminars, speeches, etc)
- Organization of XIII International meeting of RECLA at Barcelona, July'08. "Social responsibility in Universities and businesses: the continuing education role".
- stakeholder reporting