Details for School of Business Administration
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate
Institution is part of
University of San Diego
San Diego, CA, United States
Sign Up Date to PRME
01 Apr 2008
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
12 Nov 2014
Sharing Information on Progress (2014)
University of San Diego School of Business Administration Sharing Information On Progress Report
Sharing Information on Progress (2012)
This report provides a summary of the programs, activities and initiatives at the University of San Diego's School of Business Administration. Proceeding through the six principles, the report attempts to showcase and highlight recent developments and achievements in the School of Business.
Sharing Information on Progress (2010)
2010 Sharing Information on Progress Report for the School of Business Administration, University of San Diego
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
The Mission of the School of Business Administration at the University of San Diego: “We develop socially responsible business leaders with a global mindset through academically rigorous, relevant, and values-based education and research.” Consequently, all of our programs consider the role that business plays in society. Some of our key accomplishments include:
A• Beyond Grey Pinstripes ranking of #21 globally for integrating social, environmental and ethical issues into its curriculum in 2009-2010. USD was ranked sixth overall in the category of “For-profit Impact” for courses specifically addressing how business can be an engine for improving social and environmental conditions.
• USD’s School of Business Administration ranked #4 in the category of Sustainability by BusinessWeek in 2010.
• Area of emphasis in the MBA Program in CSR and Sustainable Enterprises with several course offerings around this theme.
• Establishment of a Center for Peace and Commerce.
• Annual conferences on such themes as Microfinance Summit; Peace and Prosperity Through Trade and Commerce; and Sustainable Real Estate Development.
• MS Real Estate program requires a course on Sustainable Development and all degree candidates receive LEED Certification.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• The Burnham-Moores Center is playing a key role in the launching of a new Journal of Sustainable Real Estate.
• Patricia Marquez, part of the SEKN Network, is one of the editors of Socially Inclusive Business: Engaging the poor through market initiatives in Iberoamerica which examines how market mechanisms can mobilize social change by engaging the poor in win-win scenarios.
• Several USD student engage in consulting projects and internships locally and around the world that focus on sustainability and social responsibility.
• Faculty are actively engaged in case writing, research and presentations on topics that extend the principles of responsible management education.
• The Burnham-Moores Center in the School of Business Administration began playing a key role in a comprehensive national study by CB Richard Ellis (CBRE), a global leader in real estate services, to evaluate the range of benefits that sustainability has for commercial real estate holdings.
• Certificate Program on Land use and Sustainable Community Development is offered that helps participants understand how to incorporate sustainable measures in their projects through site planning, building design and energy-efficient approaches.
• Certificate Program on Global Business Strategy now includes courses on “Global Sustainable Supply Chain Systems” emphasizing how to manage supply chains that deliver a greater environmental and social impact; and “Business Innovation through Corporate Social Responsibility” that explores new business models emerging to build future markets by providing goods and services geared to the needs of heretofore excluded populations.