PRME Chapter MENA renews commitments and discusses regional challenges and opportunities surrounding the SDGs at the 5th PRME MENA Regional Forum
(Amman, Jordan, 12 November 2015) – The established PRME Chapter MENA met at the 5th PRME MENA Regional Forum “Challenges and Opportunities facing the MENA Region to contribute in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals" at Talal Abu Ghazaleh Graduate School of Business, German Jordanian University.
This globally advanced event brought together more than on hundred participants and guests to discuss educational practices, experiences, methodologies, and strategies for employing the Principles for Responsible Management Education.
Respected academics, deans, members of government, ministers, UN representatives and private sector leaders attended this event with the special keynote of H.E. Dr. Talal Abu-Ghazaleh; Chairman of Talal Abu Ghazaleh Organization and Founder of Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Graduate School of Business and the sponsorship of the Global Compact Local Network Jordan.
This 5th Principles for Responsible Management Education MENA Forum shed light on the challenges and opportunities that the MENA Region faces to contributing in achieving the SDGs, focusing on examples and good practices of business schools and how to scale up the efforts. The forum highlighted the importance of educational institutions on the MENA region to adopt the Principles for Responsible Management Education.
As part of its responsibilities to management education, TAG-SB, speakers and representatives of previous host institutions of the PRME MENA Regional Forum series advocated responsible leadership and sustainable management while complying with the United Nations supported PRME initiative.
In addition the PRME Chapter MENA session, provided a space for discussion on the present and the future of the Chapter, including strengthening their community and projects. The main agreements of this meeting includes to:
- Continue to convene Annual PRME Regional Meetings for the region. The University in Cairo (AUC) will host the 6th PRME MENA Regional Forum on 11-13 April 2016; and the American University of Beirut (AUB) will host the 7th PRME MENA Regional Forum 2017.
- Strengthen the commitment to recruit more Signatories and scale up efforts in giving visibility to the Principles in the region.
- Collaborate to share good practices on implementing the Principles at the MENA region.
- Collaborate with businesses, NGOs, and governments (especially Ministry of Education) to advance PRME and the SDGs.
Governance structure and coordination:
- PRME Chapter MENA coordinator and main contact: Hosted at American University in Cairo.
- PRME Chapter representatives at the PRME Advisory Committee: Ghada Howaidy, as the official PRME Chapter MENA coordinator (January 2016-December 2017)
We thank the hosts, in particular Dean Dr. Ma’moun Akroush and wonderful team, as well as the participants for this successful event!
If you would like to learn more about this event, kindly contact Ms. Faten Abu Hwaij, Quality Assurance Manager at TAG Graduate School of Business, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information on the PRME Chapter MENA and or the upcoming 6th PRME MENA Regional Forum, please contact Ghada Howaidy, American University in Cairo (AUC) at email@example.com.
For more information on PRME Chapters, please contact Florencia Librizzi, Senior Manager Chapters, Legal & Policy, PRME Secretariat, UN Global Compact Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sending News Items to PRME
Participating academic institutions are welcome to send relevant news (to be published worldwide) to:
Email: PRME Secretariat