Join one of three upcoming Global Compact Webinars on Board Adoption & Oversight of Sustainability.
Board adoption and oversight of corporate sustainability, while on the rise in some respects, continues to represent an area of tremendous opportunity for most companies. By embedding sustainability within its core duties – notably setting the strategic course, managing and monitoring risk, leading executive recruitment, and determining remuneration – Directors are uniquely positioned to ensure the full mainstreaming of sustainability into business strategy and practices in a way that will support the long-term profitability and viability of the company.
Building on the resources and tools developed for the new Global Compact Board Programme, we invite you to join us for an interactive webinar series carried out in three parts, featuring conversations with world class experts on why corporate sustainability is a Board-level concern and what role Boards should play.
14 May 2015, 8:00-9:00am (ET)/14:00-15:00 (CET)
Part I: Sustainability belongs on the agenda of Boards of Directors
What is the business imperative for sustainability?
How is the Board uniquely positioned to drive the sustainability agenda?
- What are the challenges and opportunities relative to the increasing expectations of the role of the Board?
28 May 2015, 8:00-9:00am (ET)/14:00-15:00 (CET)
Part II: The Role of the Board on Sustainability
- What are the most important roles and responsibilities of a Board in overseeing and driving sustainability?
- How do these roles complement the ones of executive leadership?
- What are the challenges related to these increasing expectations?
9 June 2015, 11:00-12:00am (ET)/17:00-18:00 (CET)
Part III: Organising for Sustainability
- What are the pros and cons of a dedicated Board committee on sustainability?
- What are the key skills needed on the Board of the future?
- How can Board diversity benefit progress?
This complimentary webinar series is open to all Global Compact, PRME and PRI signatories.
To see more information on featured speakers and to secure your participation through registration, see here. Whether you plan to participate in all or one, we encourage you to engage with the speakers in advance by submitting any questions or comments you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sending News Items to PRME
Participating academic institutions are welcome to send relevant news (to be published worldwide) to:
Email: PRME Secretariat