In 2014, sixty-nine new institutions became signatory to PRME, raising the total to nearly 600 active PRME participants from 80 countries, with 13 institutions being delisted for failure to meet the mandatory reporting requirement. As the initiative grows, individual signatories and groups, such as regional PRME Chapters, push responsible management education to new levels and continue to drive forward this community.
- Twelve PRME Regional Meetings were held over the last year, rooting the Six Principles in diverse cultural and geographical contexts, with five new PRME Chapters emerging, and four becoming established.
- The PRME Champions leadership group, which launched in 2013, met for its first working meeting in New York, laying the groundwork for how the group can position itself to add complementary value to the current work of individual PRME signatories and other important groups, such as PRME Chapters and issue area PRME Working Groups.
- Thanks to support and feedback from the PRME community, we launched a new look for the PRME website making it easier to navigate and more interactive.
Coming up in 2015:
- This year will see the launch of the UN Post-2015 Development Agenda and the expected Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Many in the PRME community have already discovered the immense opportunity that will be afforded by this framework, including the invitation by UNESCO to the PRME initiative to become a Partner for UNESCO’s Global Action Programme on Education for Sustainable Development and the recent call to action that developed from a workshop at the Business as an Agent of World Benefit conference at Case Western Reserve University in the USA, to highlight how higher education institutions can align curricula, research, and thought and action leadership with the SDGs through both individual commitments and collaborative action.
- The 2015 Global Forum for Responsible Management Education – 6th PRME Assembly, will be held from 23-25 June 2015 in New York City, together with the UN Global Compact 15th anniversary events. The PRME Global Forum will feature the important work of regional PRME Chapters, the PRME Champions, and PRME Working Group issue-themes (e.g. anti-corruption, gender equality, poverty), and will provide opportunities to showcase and explore future links with the business community of the UN Global Compact and the UN more broadly. Further, PRME Steering Committee members, including AACSB, EFMD, CEEMAN, CLADEA, ABIS, GRLI and others, as well as student organisations, including Net Impact and oikos International, will be present to engage in active dialogue around the future of responsible management education. We look forward to welcoming you to this important global event!
As 2015 progresses, PRME will continue to link the PRME community to relevant news and opportunities at the global, regional, and local levels, and with stakeholders across sectors.
- Read the 2014 Annual Report/2015 Outlook here.
Sending News Items to PRME
Participating academic institutions are welcome to send relevant news (to be published worldwide) to:
Email: PRME Secretariat