PRME Chapter Iberian (Spain and Portugal) is created during PRME signatory workshop at ESADE Business School
Madrid, Spain 10 July 2014 – The PRME Chapter Iberian (Spain and Portugal) was created during a PRME signatory workshop at ESADE Business School, Madrid, Spain on 10 July, 2014. Following an informal meeting in May at Deusto Business School with some regional PRME signatory school representatives from ESADE Business School, Deusto Business School, IE Business School, IESE Business School, ISEAD, Universidad de Málaga and Comillas Pontifical University, an official 1st Meeting was called by this initial group of Spanish signatories with the support of AESE Escola de Direcção e Negócios from Portugal, for 10 July, to discuss the establishment of a PRME Chapter in Spain and Portugal.
The initiative in Spain and Portugal has arisen from the meeting of business schools and universities in the region that saw the need to strengthen the participation of signatories of PRME at the regional level—to enhance individual and collective work, promote the adoption of the Principles of PRME in the region, which promote peer learning, dissemination of good practices, experiences and lessons learned—and to create a space for dialogue among the signatories of PRME in Spain and Portugal, who are invited to join this emerging Chapter of PRME in the region. Florencia Librizzi, Manager Participants and Chapters, and Legal & Policy Adviser to PRME Secretariat, was present at the meetings.
Main activities and core value proposition of the emerging PRME Chapter Iberian:
Many activities were discussed with the spirit of peer learning, strengthening the regional PRME community and working together progressively, with a realistic and low-cost agenda of activities. The following activities/projects were decided:
- The PRME Chapter Iberian will be a PRME regional platform that will help recruiting new PRME signatories in the region, as well as help them to advance in the Six Principles of PRME. It will also be a local catalyser and, in coordination with the PRME Secretariat, a link with the UN Global Compact Networks in Spain and Portugal.
- Organise a first workshop on good regional PRME practices in curriculum and teaching, in February 2015 at Comillas Pontifical University.
- The workshop will be a space for the signatories to present good practices in relation to PRME
- The collection of this material will possibly generate a regional Inspirational Guide on the Implementation of PRME.
- Develop a workstream on indicators: Ten indicators for each of the ten principles will be developed, in order to help PRME institutions to measure the impact of their activities/projects in advancing PRME. This tool would be an important contribution to the global community of PRME.
- Planned for 2015: A workshop for dialogue with the companies of Global Compact Network Spain and Portugal on the Sustainable Development Goals.
- A taskforce to study best practices in business school management and internal policy (governance, codes of ethics, reporting routines, etc.) for PRME institutions has been proposed and will be elaborated in the next meetings.
- The PRME Chapter Iberian will establish an online platform to facilitate communication between all signatories of Spain and Portugal.
- Other PRME signatories in Spain and Portugal have offered to host future meetings in their campuses.
We thank the hosts as well as the participants for this successful event. Please find here the list of participants of this meeting.
For more information on the PRME Chapter Iberian, contact:
José María de la Villa, coordinator PRME Chapter Iberian, Director de Relaciones Institucionales, ESADE Business School at firstname.lastname@example.org and Maria João Santos, coordinator PRME Chapter Iberian, Professora Auxiliar com Agregação, Sociología ISEG, Lisboa School of Economics & Management at email@example.com
For more information on PRME Chapters, contact Florencia Librizzi, Manager Participants and Chapters, Legal & Policy Adviser, PRME Secretariat, UN Global Compact Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sending News Items to PRME
Participating academic institutions are welcome to send relevant news (to be published worldwide) to:
Email: PRME Secretariat