Conference Call for Papers - Deadline 22 March
The PRME Working Group on Poverty and INCAE Business school are calling for paper submissions, for presentation at the conference, Leveraging Innovative and Cross-Country Learning for Poverty Reducation, to be held 28-30 July, 2014, at INCAE Business School, Francisco de Sola Campaus, in Managua, Nicaragua.
View full Call for Papers, here.
This conference focuses on poverty eradication as a responsibility of business and its implications for business curriculum and strategy. As such, the conference has four goals:
- To use Nicaragua as a learning/innovation lab through multi-stakeholder discussions around local and regional poverty alleviation programmes
- To create opportunity for exchange of ideas, perspectives and best practices trhough cross-sector discussions
- To develop a more sustainable, inclusive research/educational model in management education for poverty eradication, and
- To take the issue of poverty out of the "academic tower" through an immersion field trip for conference participants to experience the realities of the challenges on the ground
The conference welcomes papers in Spanish and English, for presentation, that:
- Describe sector innovations in poverty reduction in such areas as water, energy, sanitation, housing, medicine, employment, finance, tourism, etc.
- Describe innovative partnership relationships for poverty reduction
- Have national, regional or local policy implications related to poverty reduction
- Explore poverty reduction strategies within indigenous or marginalised communities
- Describe innovations in teaching about poverty to undergraduate, post graduate, executive or doctoral students -- for example cases, experiential exercises, action learning activities, service learning, multidisciplinary approaches, etc.
- Provide opportunities for cross country learning but are not listed above
Papers should not exceed 20 pages double spaced including all tables, charts, and references. Papers should include a cover page listing paper title, corresponding author and co-authors only. The body of the paper (page 2) should begin with paper title, brief abstract and text. Do not include any information that identifies author(s) within the body of the paper. Submitted papers should be in either Word or PDF format. All papers will be peer reviewed.
Paper deadline: March 22, 2014. Submit papers electronically to: email@example.com
Notification of acceptance by April 7, 2014.
All accepted manuscripts will be published electronically in a Conference Proceedings. Publication is contingent upon at least one author pre-registering for the conference and presenting the paper. Opportunities for publication of papers in a special journal issue or with an international publisher are being explored.
View: Event Page
Sending News Items to PRME
Participating academic institutions are welcome to send relevant news (to be published worldwide) to:
Email: PRME Secretariat