16 Jun 2012
300 leading business school and university representatives worldwide agree on a roadmap for responsible management education
A series of measures to inject sustainability principles into management and business school curricula were announced today at the Rio+20 Corporate Sustainability Forum in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Outcomes of the Third Global Forum for Responsible Management Education include:
- Comprehensive Anti-Corruption Guidelines for Curriculum Change, a Report on Fighting Poverty through Management Education: Challenges, Opportunities, and Solutions, and a Gender Equality Global Resource Repository, all developed by issue area Working Groups of the Principles for Responsible Management Education, an initiative sponsored by the UN Global Compact. The 50+20 Agenda - Management Education for the World also officially launched at the Global Forum.
- The Inspirational Guide for the Implementation of PRME: Placing sustainability at the heart of management education, details real world examples of how management schools and universities, globally, undertake change processes based on the framework provided by the Six Principles of PRME.
Through the Rio Declaration on the Contribution of Higher Education Institutions and Management Schools to The Future We Want: A Roadmap for Management Education to 2020, 300 leading business school and university representatives worldwide agreed on a number of concrete commitments to action, including to:
- Form a leadership group to incentivize the most engaged PRME signatory schools to go further in their implementation of sustainability principles.
- Delist those signatories that fail to regularly share information on progress made in implementing PRME.
- Launch PRME Regional Chapters to better engage management education communities on a local level.
For more information, please contact Jonas Haertle, Head of the PRME Secretariat, UN Global Compact Office email@example.com 917-515-9979
Sending News Items to PRME
Participating academic institutions are welcome to send relevant news (to be published worldwide) to:
Email: PRME Secretariat