PRME Chapter India
The PRME community in Asia has seen already many PRME Regional Fora held over the past six years, namely:
- the 1st PRME Regional Forum Asia at Kyung Hee University in South Korea, in 2010;
- the 2nd PRME Regional Forum Asia at Tsinghua University in China, in 2011;
- the 3rd PRME Regional Forum Asia at Keio University in Japan, in 2012;
- the 4th PRME Regional Forum Asia at Ramon V. Rosario College of Business at De La Salle University, The Philippines in 2013;
- the 5th PRME Regional Forum Asia that was held on 13-14 November 2014 at the University Utara Malaysia;
- the 6th PRME Asia Forum at Goa Institute of Management in India in 2015;
- and the 7th PRME Asia Forum at the Faculty of Business of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) in 2016.
During the 6th PRME Asia Forum, hosted by Goa Institute of Management (GIM), Goa, India on 27-28 November 2015, it was decided that a PRME Chapter India would emerge, in order to strengthen the participation of signatories of PRME at the national level. This Emerging Chapter, in its current phase facilitated by Goa Institute of Management, seeks to enhance individual and collective work, promote the adoption of the Principles of PRME in the region, which promote peer learning, dissemination of good practices, experiences and lessons learned—and to create a space for dialogue among the signatories of the region. A close alignment with the Global Compact Local Network India is under discussion.
Main Activities/Core Value Proposition
The main goal is to define CSR in the different Asian contexts, as well as to advance PRME locally.
This PRME Chapter, along with other Asia Chapters have committed to holding an annual meeting for the Asian context.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Ranjan Benerjee (Chair), S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
Dr. Chandrika Parmar (Contact), S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Bhaskar Chatterjee (co-lead), IILM, email@example.com