2011 PRME Summit
7 – 8 June 2011
Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Keynote Speech by H. Elizabeth Thompson, United Nations Assistant Secretary-General and Executive Coordinator for the 2012 UN Conference on Sustainable Development Rio+20
- Principle 1 - Purpose: Reflections on Current Developments in Business Thinking on Sustainability by Nick Main of Deloitte
- Principle 2 - Values: The Business Case Against Corruption by Josef Winter of Siemens AG
- Principle 4 – Research: Obsolete Business Models for Tomorrow by Bruce Haase of WWF
- Principle 5 - Partnership: Principles of Partnership by Jean-Philippe Courtois of Microsoft
“Partnership in Responsibility: Embedding PRME in Support of the Corporation of the 21st Century” invites a dialogue between business, business schools and other stakeholders around responsible business challenges, needs and innovative business practices. We will provide a platform where educational institutions can interact and react to corporations’ expectations from management education/development.
Who Should Attend:
A must for anyone engaged in the development of responsible business leaders; business human resources executives responsible for the selection of business schools for executive education; leaders of signatory business schools; those responsible for the implementation of the PRME principles and for the preparation of PRME “Sharing Information on Progress” (SIP) reports; business schools who have not yet become PRME signatories.
- Insights from business leaders who are signatories to the United Nations Global Compact to unpack the needs of companies in the context of the development of responsible managers;
- Examples of emergent best practice in the application of the six principles of the UN PRME;
- Practical “how-to” sessions on state-of the-art Sharing Information on Progress (SIP);
- To link the UN Global Compact’s current agenda to that of PRME with the goal of understating how to address the current impediments that the corporation faces and what management education/development can do in light of these challenges.
View Outcomes of the 1st PRME Global Forum (2008)
View Outcomes of the 2nd PRME Global Forum (2010)
View the 3rd PRME Global Forum Page (2012)