South Bank, Brisbane, Australia
For more information visist the conference website.
We are in the midst of a major transition in the history of humanity, but you can choose your transition point. The Necessary Transition 2012 will delve into the issues surrounding the many transitions taking place in our world as we journey towards a sustainable enterprise economy. This conference will bring together renowned international experts to address pressing questions such as:
- How do we justify our business and earn our license to operate?
- How do we draw developing countries into the discussion about transition?
- Is a transition to a sustainable future possible within the logic of conventional capitalism?
The conference will be held over three days, with the middle day being the 2nd PRME Australia/New Zealand Regional Meeting:
- 26 Sept – Research Workshop Day
- 27 Sept – 2nd PRME Australia/New Zealand Regional Meeting
- 28 Sept – The Necessary Transition
Keynote addresses will be heard from:
- Steve Killelea AM (Global Peace Index, Institute for Economics and Peace)
- Eve Annecke (Stellenbosch University)
- Doug Ritchie (Rio Tinto)
- Prof. Mark Swilling (Stellenbosch University)
- Sara Parkin OBE (Forum for the Future, Richard Sandbrook Trust)
For more information, a full list of speakers and to register, please visit the conference website.