Events - 22 September 2011
21 Sep 2011
to 24 Sep 2011
PRME Steering Committee member, CEEMAN, will hold its 19th Annual Conference on 21-24 September 2011 in Tbilisi, Georgia at the Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel. The general theme of the conference will be “Management Education in a Changing World: Are We Ready for the Challenge?”. The host institution for the conference will be Caucasus School of Business, Caucasus University, Tbilisi, and its President Kakha Shengelia.
As a tradition, each year CEEMAN organizes its Annual Conference in a different location. This time we have decided to go East and to have our conference in Georgia – a country with over 5,000 years of history, an amazing mix of cultures, religions, fascinating landscapes, and cultural heritage. We hope that our event, besides covering the important topics relevant to all management educators, will also provide a better insight into business development and management education challenges and opportunities in the relatively unexplored Caucasus region, pave the way for new partnerships and friendships, and offer new cultural experiences while enjoying the famous Georgian hospitality.
The conference will be simultaneously translated into Russian language. / Конференция будет обеспечена синхронным переводом на русский язык.
The conference will explore whether, and to what extent, the ongoing processes of change and transformation in business education and leadership development are aligned with the dramatic changes taking place in the world in general and in business in particular.
It will focus on the changes taking place in the global and local landscape, explore business and management education opportunities and challenges in Caucasus region and in a broader perspective of emerging markets, as well as whether or not business education and leadership development are on track and in alignment with previously assessed context (in terms of teaching, research, institution building, and other aspects).
Prominent speakers from Caucasus region and international arena will address these issues in panel presentations and interactive roundtable discussions together with academic, political, and business leaders from around the world.
- Deans and directors of business schools and universities
- Leaders of international and regional management development associations
- Business leaders and entrepreneurs
- Political leaders and change makers
- International publishers
Reasons to attend
- Insights and latest trends in business and management education in emerging markets
- Peer experience sharing and information exchange in a friendly and open atmosphere
- Great networking possibilities (about 150 participants from 35 countries)
- Enjoying rich culture, history and hospitality of Georgia
21 September (afternoon):
- 13:00 - 16:00 Company visits in Tbilisi and around
- 16:00 - 16:30 Conference registration
- 16:30 - 17:00 Welcome cocktail
- 17:00 - 18:30 19th CEEMAN Annual Conference opening
- 18:30 - 21:00 Reception and dinner at Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel
- 9:30 - 17:30 19th CEEMAN Annual Conference
- 19:00 Dinner at Shadows of Metekhi restaurant
- 9:00 - 15:40 19th CEEMAN Annual Conference conclusion
- 16:00 - 17:30 CEEMAN Annual Meeting
- 17:30 - 18:00 Information session on CEEMAN IQA
- 19:00 Departure for Gala Dinner and Awards ceremony (Case Writing Competition Awards, CEEMAN Champion Awards, IQA and new member certificates) at Mtskheta, old capital of Georgia
- 10:00 - 18:00 Networking and sightseeing program in Tbilisi
Before 1 June 2011:
- EUR 580 for CEEMAN members
- EUR 800 for non-members
After 1 June 2011:
- EUR 650 for CEEMAN members
- EUR 900 for non-members
klara.pegan (at) ceeman.org
Tel: +386 4 57 92 570
Sending Details of Events and Activities to PRME
Participating academic institutions are welcome to send relevant events and activities (to be published worldwide) to:
Email: PRME Secretariat